Bruce Ransom - a fraud?
r***@gmail.com
2014-09-01 19:00:11 UTC
Erik,
I am the personal assistant of a New York resident named Dr. Jane Goldberg. I believe you have already had contact with her. But I wanted to post details of what happened to her - and many other Americans - in the hopes that anyone researching Bruce Ransom would have more information about his "business" practices and also in the hopes that other victims of Bruce Ransom's fraudulent schemes would also step forward here.

As far as we can tell, Bruce Ransom is a conman and a global financial criminal, who repeatedly, and for over a period of at least twenty years, has been bilking individuals out of substantial amounts of money (millions). Most recently he has scammed about a dozen people in NYC, including Dr. Goldberg (a dozen that we are aware of, perhaps more that we are not aware of).

We now know that Bruce Ransom had conducted similar scams before, across several continents, and there is no indication that he intends to stop. His scams target the unsuspecting, with a focus on some of the most vulnerable victims -- senior citizens. He also seems to be, of late, and in the same scam sold to Dr. Goldberg, targeting specifically the holistic health community.

As a licensed psychologist, and a certified psychoanalyst, and author of eight books, Dr. Goldberg considers herself to be a good judge of character. But this man fooled her. Ransom takes his time to cast his net. He comes to his marks through an introduction of a long-time acquaintance whom they have all known for many years, a New York resident named Mitchell Rabin. Rabin vouched for Ransom, and for his company. Ransom took his time to sell Dr. Goldberg his plan: they spoke on the phone almost every day for a year before he got her involved.

Having won Dr. Goldberg's trust by helping her remortgage her home, he then persuaded her to invest that money in his company - Ignite Naturals. $450,000. In the last 3 years since she gave Ransom the money, he has paid back only $4500 despite their original agreement that there would be a return of 2% a month interest payment, with a balloon at the end of 5 years. Ransom also promised a personal guarantee for the full amount of the investment.

Through the time since Dr. Goldberg made the investments, she has become aware that friends of hers had similarly invested in Ignite Naturals. Each of them were solicited by Mitchell Rabin. Over the three years, some have been paid small amounts; some paid for a period of time, and then not at all; some no payments whatsoever. Some of these individuals have come close to losing everything.

Any and all contact details provided to them by Bruce Ransom have proved to be false. Ransom is a slippery con artist and entire communities have lost millions of dollars to him. It is our hope that by publicizing what he has done, we might at least crimp his style, if not force authorities to throw this bastard in jail, where he belongs.

Feel free to contact me for further details.

Rae Nessbert (Assistant to Dr. Jane Goldberg)
On behalf of a few hundred Danish investors, I am trying to track down
mr. Bruce Ransom.
A while back he was located in Winnipeg, being the director of a
company called Ransom Financial Corporation.
Then he moved to Vancouver, but now we have lost track of him.
In the beginning he could be reached at this telephone number in
Vancouver - 604 662 4100, but now they tell that he's no longer there,
and that they don't where he has moved!!
We would very much like to get in contact with Bruce Ransom or his
brother, Brian Ransom.
Any help would be appreciated.
Erik Gravgaard
---
BellCom Internet
Gersonsvej 25
DK-2900 Hellerup
DENMARK
www.bellcom.dk
Tel. +45 39 40 17 17
i***@everyrun.co.nz
2014-11-20 02:22:10 UTC
[...]
Thank you so much for listing this man here - we found Ignite Naturals online and were interested in distributing the product in NZ. He sent this email to us(below) and I only discovered the con after googling his name to check up info so I could add him to our contacts list! In no way did I think he was dodgy. If you check out Ignite Naturals on facebook however you can soon see there are screes of people who have never received their orders and also, a company called Nutranomics is taking them to court for fraud as well - probably were dupped. Numerous complaints online. Stay clear!

EMAIL FROM BRUCE:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response here. Currently we are expanding internationally through distribution partners in the UK, Australia, EU, and the middle east. Each of these markets will be fully activated for the beginning of 2015. We also agree that the New Zealand market is a natural fit for the Ignite product line. This is likely the last international market we will add going into 2015.

Channels that we have found successful for Ignite include:

· Specialty sports stores (they focus on the basic product line: gels and electrolytes). The one new product we are launching in 2015, is Refresh PLUS, which combines our electrolyte product with a complex carb from brown rice (real food).

· Gyms, more specifically the crossfit gyms has worked quite well, including the shakes (all are products are paleo and gluten free)

· Online sales

· Natural health food stores (similar the whole foods of the world, but privately owned stores and store groups) have been very successful for us as people want to carry a healthy version of active sports nutrition (as you noted below). Here they like to include ProSeries and the product that we see as becoming one of our leading resellers is Ignite Daily - vegan blend.

· Practitioners
We are open to discussions to an exclusive distribution arrangement in New Zealand.

Perhaps the best starting point is to setup a phone call with you.

Let me know when would be the best time and number to reach you at.

Best Regards,
Bruce

Ignite Naturals
j***@gmail.com
2015-01-23 18:37:22 UTC
Hi
I have just come across this post which is astonishing after finding the following link on CBC http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-financial-guru-in-leaked-database-of-offshore-holdings-1.1397993

I believe that the man you are referring to Bruce Ransom lives at 4721 Meadfeild Road, West Vancouver. He appears to be the same man shown in photos on the Ignite Naturals Website face book https://www.facebook.com/IgniteNaturals/photos_stream along with his wife whom I believe to be called Madeleine Ransom who is connected to UBC
http://philosophy.ubc.ca/people/graduate-students/phd/madeleine_ransom-3/

I believe Madeleine Ransom lived with her husband in New York and South America before coming to Vancouver.

They have a daughter who is approx. seven or eight years old and is named Keira Ransom and attends Caulfeild Elementary School in West Vancouver.

Hope this helps!
Tel. +45 39 40 17 17
n***@gmail.com
Is there a reward offered?